Workshop: Web Development Part 1
July 11, 2019
Date and Time: July 13, 9:00am to 4:30pm
The workshop has concluded. Workshop slides can be accessed here.
We had quite a bit of fun!
During the first half of the workshop, students will learn how to craft a simple personal profile page. They will learn to use basic HTML and CSS to add various type of contents and formats to a web page. They will also learn how to upload their finished web pages to NeoCities, an free and kid-friendly web-hosting site.
What to bring to the class
- A Windows/Mac/Linux laptop. Chromebook will not work.
- A couple of fun photos saved on the laptop.
Before coming to the class
- Install Visual Studio Code, an open source code editor. Download it here.
- Create a free account for your child on NeoCities, a kid-friendly web-hosting site. Make sure your child knows the username and password.
- If you have difficulties with any of the above, come to class at 8:30am and I will troubleshoot it for you.
Written by Jia Li who lives and works in New York. Follow him on Github